How cool is this! Vision Expo is organizing a Talent Search, supported by the edCFDA, to find and support emerging designers and foster their talent during this symbolic year for the eyewear industry, 2020. Listen to our good friend Christian (edCFDA spokesperson and jury member for this talent search).
Two final winners will be introduced to the creative eyewear community with complimentary booths in Vision Expo’s new emerging designer incubator neighborhood, The Springs. These winners will also be given recognition during a celebratory event on Thursday, in The River, Vision Expo’s new home for brands with unique, ownable culture and respected industry position. The event will be open to all participants at Vision Expo East, with special invitations distributed to fellow designers, OPTImum buyers and prestigious members of the fashion, business and trade media.
To be eligible for consideration, designers must demonstrate the following:
- Business was established after Jan. 1, 2016;
- Annual sales are equal to one million or less; and
- Press and social media support.
Interested eyewear designers and/or brands should submit their application online before Jan. 20, 2020. Two winners will be announced and introduced to the creative eyewear community during a celebratory event in New York City at Vision Expo East on Thursday, March 26. Each designer and/or brand will receive a complimentary booth in new Exhibit Hall incubator destination, The Springs.
Applicants will be judged by seven members of the edCFDA:
- Christian Roth, co-founder and designer of Christian Roth Eyewear
- Jeff Press, chief creative officer of Morgenthal Frederics & Robert Marc NYC
- Gai Gherardi, co-founder and designer of l.a.Eyeworks
- Patty Perreira, co-founder/designer of Barton Perreira
- Selima Salaun, owner and designer of Selima Optique
- Shane Baum, founder and designer of Leisure Society
- Blake Kuwahara, founder and creative director of Blake Kuwahara Eyewear
“Supporting emerging designers is vital to the growth of our industry and it’s an honor to be working with the edCFDA on such an important program,” said Ashley Mills, CEO of The Vision Council. “As we grow and expand Vision Expo, we’re dedicated to providing a space for all designers to learn from one another and showcase what makes them unique.”
For more information on the Vision Expo 2020 Talent Search and to apply, visit east.visionexpo.com/Apply. Contact Tarrence Lackran, The Vision Council’s director of partnerships and programming, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org