onsidering the difficult situation that the entire world is facing due to Coronavirus, we would like to clarify a few points.
Similar to what took place for Première Vision (Paris), BIT (Milano) and London Fashion Week and to what will take place for Euroshop (Dusseldorf), Micam, Mipel, Milano Fashion Week, Lineapelle and The One (Milano), we confirm that also the fiftieth edition of MIDO will take place regularly, in compliance with the health regulations in force and by putting additional preventative measures in place.
We would like to remind you the main events planned for the fiftieth edition:
- The day prior to the event, Friday 28 February, at 11.00 a.m., the customary press conference presenting MIDO 2020 will be held at Spazio Gessi in Milano.
- At 7.00 p.m. on the same day, Friday 28 February, the celebratory concert will be held exclusively for the exhibitors at the Milano Duomo.
- Saturday 29 February MIDO 2020 – The Golden Edition will open its doors at 9.00 a.m. at Fiera Milano, Rho.
- At 6.30 p.m. Saturday 29 February, in the Auditorium of the Service Center of Fiera Milano, a grand evening of celebration will be held, open to all MIDO participants. It will begin with the presentation of “From Sight to Vision” where the sociologist Francesco Morace will design the future of eyeglasses using a special lens, that of the past 50 years observing tradition, fashion, design, technology, innovation and digital technology. The award ceremony will follow, with the presentation of awards to the companies that have participated in all 50 MIDO editions, to the Past Presidents of the event, next, the presentation of the Bestore and Stand Up for Green awards, and to end the evening, the lounge party of the Golden Edition.
- Sunday 1 and Monday 2 March, the event will continue as previously communicated with many events at the Otticlub and events inside the pavilions.
As it is evident, the circumstances which have emerged in recent days will prevent most of the exhibiting companies from China from participating in MIDO 2020. As a result, this year, the “Fair East” area (pavilion 7), which traditionally hosts the Asian exhibitors, will not be open.
In order to reduce the impact from this situation, MIDO will make available to the exhibitors who are unable to attend a digital platform making it possible for them to present their new products on-line, and for the visitors registered to view them and come into contact with the companies directly. MIDO4U.COM will be active for the exhibitors from Monday 17 February and for the visitors from Monday 24 February.
Looking forward to welcoming you at the fair, today we can proudly say that MIDO 2020 has been in preparation for fifty years. We would like to particularly thank our partners for their collaboration, their dedication and the constant trust especially during the past few weeks. Their support has instilled great strength into the organisation which will make it possible, together, to experience a special Golden Edition.
The MIDO Secretariat